Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WIP #5 - update

I usually write my WIP posts earlier in the week & update them Tuesday night so they're all ready to go Wednesday morning. It's easier to keep track of everything (HA! Like it's a lot...) if I think of it a few days in advance and do any last minute updating. Typically I don't have anything to add since I do most of my sewing on the weekends. Go figure that this week, when I actually have something to update, the WiFi settings on my netbook would get all wonked & the internet wouldn't work.

Hubby is playing basketball on Tuesday nights, and even though I could have crawled into bed when I got home from work yesterday, I decided to go ahead & get a little more work done. I had planned to work on the Origami Bags, but opted against it & decided sitting & cutting while watching TV was a better choice. And a good choice it was!

Postage Stamp Quilt Along

I've got all the strips cut! Everything is cut & now I'm ready to sew it all back together. Does it seem silly to sew it together, cut it apart, then sew it together again? I suppose it's better that cutting a ton of little tiny squares to sew together separately.

I'm so excited to start piecing together the blocks for this & am considering how I want to quilt it. I'm leaning towards hand quilting after seeing this fantastic one over at OCD:Obsessive Crafting Disorder. I love that! I'm also digging how she pieced the back. It's all fantastic. I think I've got some time before I get to that point, so we'll see.

So overall, more progress than I expected this week!

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. I think this is going to be so cute when you get it all pieced. I don't have the patience for the postage stamp quilts. I need something a little quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's looking great! Nice job!

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday, have a fabulous week. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)