Sunday, March 27, 2011

Camera strap slip cover

Finally I'm getting around to crossing at least one thing off those project lists! Go figure it's from the most recent list, but it's still something.

I decided when I found this camera strap slip cover tutorial from Randomness by Petchy last week, I decided it would be a nice quick & easy project for this weekend. Since most of the stuff I work on lately doesn't give me the instant gratification of a quick project, this was just what I needed.

100_1078

It took me less than an hour to draw the pattern, cut out my pieces, sew it all together & get it put on my camera. I think it might have been harder to figure out how to attach the strap to my camera (I just got a brand new camera, so it hadn't been attached before) than it was to make the cover!

I had planned to top stitch around the entire strap, but forgot to add the extra width when I was making my pattern piece. The little bit of the stitching you can see in the above photo is the opening to insert the strap. As it is, it fits perfectly on my strap, but just a little extra room might have been nice. Also, I left about a four inch opening & will probably make a smaller opening when/if I make another.

My openings for the ends ended up a little small & I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the strap through, but it turned out perfect.

100_1080

The colors look a little off, but the olive in the strap almost perfectly matches the color of my camera.

I'm really not a big fan of using a strap on my camera on a regular basis, but for the times I do, I'll be happy to have this.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I should make a cute strap for my camera, like you now have for yours! Can you do a tutorial? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I have so many projects on "the list" to eventually get to. I really like the way that you have decided to "bookmark" your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! It must feel so nice to cross something off your list. Your version's a little different than the ones I've made since yours has tapered ends to hold it in place. I have to admit that although mine was probably a little easier to sew it does slide around a bit. Perhaps I'll just have to make myself another one following this pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)