Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday #2

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I'm linking up again this week over at Freshly Pieced for the weekly Work In Progress party.

Started this week: I'm trying to work a bit ahead on the Sew Along so that I can answer questions, and maybe keep up this summer when things get crazy. I picked out fabric & got the pieces cut out for March's pattern - the Origami Bags. I've decided to make three of the extra small pattern (there are six sizes to choose from!).

Fabric for AB Origami Bags

Each of these is actually a pair that will be a separate bag. I'm using all scraps I bought from Keyka Lou, and even though some of them are pretty good size, none were big enough for the lining pieces. Instead of doing a pieced interior, I've decided to just use muslin & will be sure to use interfacing (not called for in the pattern) since it's thin.

In progress: Yes, I'm still working on the postage stamp quilt & no, I haven't made any progress from last week. I really need a few uninterrupted hours to just sit down and go on it, but I always manage to find a better use of my time. It'll get done, I promise. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

postage stamp quilt

Completed this week: The Heidi Bag from Vibrant Designs. I love how quick & easy this went together, even though I had minimal sewing time. A looming deadline will really get my butt in gear though. :)

Heidi Bag

Non-sewing related accomplishments this week: I'm really too excited about this not to share - thanks to some help (and lots of hard work) from my mom, we got all the wallpaper stripped from the baby's room! There is still a lot of work to do in the room, but this is a huge step. Next up is patching the walls so I can actually paint. No, we still don't know what we're having (and haven't decided yet if we'll find out), but either way I'm painting the walls Pistachio Ice Cream.

Glidden Pistachio Ice Cream

Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. Good for you with the wallpaper!!! When we moved into our house, there were hideous wallpaper borders in every room of our house and four layers in the kitchen, so I totally remember what a horribly unfun project taking wallpaper down can be. I like the pistachio ice cream paint color, that will be really nice. Your Keyka Lou scraps are gorgeous! Can't wait to see how your sew-along bags turn out, I can't wait to catch up on the sew-along soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty bag. What a statement it makes with the giant flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a lot accomplished this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Heidi bag is sooooo cute. : ) And whew, excellent job stripping that wallpaper. I know how much work that is, I had to do a LOT of it when we moved into our house. Including in one bathroom, which had wallpaper ON THE CEILING! Yes, seriously. I just about broke my neck trying to get that '70s flowered wallpaper off that ceiling.

    Thanks for linking up, have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That paint colour is so lovely and calm! I love the scraps you have for the bags. I think I'm supposed to be doing this sew along but I stalled at the Cosmo bag, still can't face ironing all the interfacing on! Maybe I'll leave as a UFO and move onto these instead :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)