Monday, January 10, 2011

Why I Love Amazon

This is a bit random, but I thought I'd share anyways. And also, I'm a fan of being honest with you guys. :)

Because of some personal stuff going on at home (more on that later this week), I was a bit of a slacker & didn't get a copy of Style Stitches ordered in time to have it delivered to me, then ship it out to last week's winner. After a certain point, I decided it would be best to just have it delivered directly to the winner from Amazon (side note - I almost ordered some random, roughly six dollar item just to get free shipping. How much of a fun surprise would that have been?!). I did consider paying for two-day shipping since we're already almost half way through the month, and I wanted her to have as much time as possible to complete the bag for this month. I thought about it though, and decided that Amazon is usually really good with shipping, so I'd take a chance on the 3-5 day shipping (also, I'm kind of cheap - again with the honesty!). So Friday morning, right after I announced & heard from the winner, I ordered the book. Today I got the e-mail that it had shipped (Friday, it turns out!) and was delivered this afternoon. So I paid for 3-5 day shipping (that's business days, mind you) and basically got one-day shipping. I love Amazon. :)

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. I love Amazon too! As if their prices aren't alluring enough they have great customer service and fast shipping even when you select the free option. It probably got here so quickly because I order so much their delivery guys were able to follow the well-worn path straight to my front door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I love Amazon too, just for those very reasons! I ordered a video game last week for my hubs, it was $10 cheaper than in the store, and I got it in 2 days with free shipping! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ordered my book. Unfortunately I didn't look closely at the shipping date before confirming. My book isn't supposed to arrive until MARCH! I guess saving the extra buck for Free Amazon Prime shipping wasn't worth it in this case. I really hope it gets here sooner. I am going to be a bit behind. Hopefully our library has it in stock.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)