Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ribbed Hat

I was all ready to post how this was a "non-hat" because it took forever for the sides to finally pull down. But once they did, I think it turned out really cute! I'm thinking about using the pattern up to the point just before they do pull down to make some sort of a blanket, but that will have to wait a while at this point.

I'm all about learning new stitches lately & am not passing up patterns just because they use anything more than the basic sc & dc I was sticking to before. This mindset has opened all kinds of doors for me! This hat uses a frontpost double crochet & I love the ribbed effect. I also realized this is probably the stitch my Grdma used to make one of my favorite blankets, so I'm anxious to see if I can figure out the rest of the pattern now because unfortunately she won't be able to tell me how she made it.

This hat will go along with the rest to Marine Corps Kids, and I think I've got my box just about full enough to ship out. I think I'm going to try to figure out how to size this hat up so I can make one for a friend's daughter, assuming of course I don't find another I like better in the meantime. :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)